Kaspersky is a Russian computer security firm co-founded by Natalia and Eugene Kaspersky in 1997. It offers a wide range of security products for home and business PCs and includes antivirus, anti-spyware, antispam and firewall protection.
Kaspersky has received many awards for its software and it has been included in software Top 100s 2009 edition of the best software company rankings. And since 2003 Kaspersky has passed almost all of Virus Bulletin comparative tests; a feat that many antivirus software programs have failed to accomplish.
Kaspersky antivirus is available for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Tests showed that it has good performance and effectiveness on both operating systems.
It has been submitted to the leading test labs including AV-Test, Virus Bulletin, ICSA and West Coast loads and the latest tests for the 2012 version of Kaspersky have been on Windows 7 and XP. It scored 100% protection on Windows 7 for protection against viruses and this was only matched by BitDefender. On Windows XP it scored 92% for protection against viruses and it was second only to BitDefender antivirus. So Kaspersky has shown impressive results during tests and beat all other antivirus programs except BitDefender.
Most online Kaspersky antivirus reviews by customers are positive. And the poll we ran at Best Buy Antivirus for “Best antivirus for Windows” shows that Kaspersky was number one, beating BitDefender, Norton, Panda and other leading programs. This reflects the positive experience that many customers have had with this vendor over the years.
There are pros and cons associated with Kaspersky antivirus 2012 and we’ve included the major ones below:
1. Kaspersky detects new threats at a 100% success rate according to AV-Test
2. It protects from a wide range of threats including viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, keyloggers, hackers, phishing attacks and more.
3. It has features and tools that are normally only found in more comprehensive Internet security packages.
4. It includes three licences for use on three computers.
5. Kaspersky has a virtual keyboard which prevents hackers and keyloggers from stealing your personal details.
6. Its updates run in the background and do not slow down your PC or interfere while you use it.
1. The Kaspersky antivirus 2012 price appears high and you can easily find a cheaper antivirus program. But it includes a three-user license so you get to protect three computers for the price of one.