Like most printers, the Kyocera laser printer also needs periodic cleaning. And Kyocera made the process as simple as possible. The reason is obvious! It is really expensive to hire a printer technician to do the cleaning and maintenance job on the printer.
Cleaning of the Kyocera laser printer is conducted after every toner cartridge replacement. That is why for every purchase of a Kyocera toner cartridge a set of maintenance instructions is included in the pack.
If the toner cartridge is refilled with a toner refill kit instead of being replaced with an OEM Kyocera toner cartridge, the cleaning process is outlined as follows.
1. Open the left hand side panel of the Kyocera laser printer and immediately the waste toner bottle appears (but leave it as is).
2. Pull the green knob (at the top of the waste toner bottle) in and out gently. The movement will clean the charging wire.
3. Next pull the charger grid or the rectangular green box underneath the green knob and clean it by using the lid of the slate blue box.
4. Insert the lid into the long rectangular charger grid slot and move it to and fro at least 3 to 4 times. This should clean the charger grid.
5. After cleaning, push the charger grid all the way in. Cleaning is now complete. Close the printer’s access panel.
The simple cleaning process as advised should clear the printer of basic printing issues. In instances where a maintenance job on the Kyocera laser printer as devised by the manufacturer could not resolve the printing problem, a more intricate issue must be the reason. Only the help of a trained printer technician could resolve the printing irregularities.