Webroot Secure Anywhere is the latest security product for 2012, with a new name too. It is more than just antivirus software; it provides protection from all malware threats that are normally dealt with by full Internet security packages.
It protects your online world from threats like spyware that is surreptitiously installed on your PC and steals your personal information. It also blocks advertising companies that install adware programs on your PC which slow down its CPU and memory.
Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus 2012 has been tested and approved by the leading test labs like AV-Test, Virus Bulletin, ICSA and West Coast Labs. Not many antivirus programs have been tested and approved by all the leading test labs, and this is a good achievement by Webroot.
However, most of the test results are average and not really impressive. On the AV-Test for Windows 7 performance, it scored 67% for protection, 58% for repair and 67% for usability. These results are far below other programs like BitDefender and Kaspersky who have scored over 80% in all these areas.
The most important features in this version are:
- the award-winning Spy Sweeper tool that finds and removes spies on your PC
- 360° of protection from malware threats
There are benefits and drawbacks associated with Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus and we’ve included the major ones below to help you decide if it’s the right antivirus program for you.
1. Webroot Secure Anywhere includes the spyware removal feature which happens to be the best anti-spyware program in the industry
2. It has a quick scan which sweeps your PC in a few minutes and removes all threats.
3. It leverages cloud technology so its antivirus code will not take up much room on your PC.
4. Webroot has been awarded 48 VB100 certifications by Virus Bulletin and this is an outstanding achievement and shows how effective it is against virus threats.
5. Webroot provides you support via e-mail, phone and live chat support
6. It uses behavioural scanning to remove zero-day threats that are unknown and not in its database of signature threats.
1. Webroot does not provide a bootable rescue CD.
2. The test results shown in AV-Test are not very impressive, and this is why it has failed to make the top ten list of antivirus products on Top 10 Reviews
Overall, Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus is an average product and there are better programs you can find in the antivirus market. It has the ability though to block and remove viruses that are new and unknown. And its signature and behavioural scanning combine to provide protection from zero-day threats.